Currently: April 2018
And we're now 1/3 through the 2nd quarter of 2018. It's pretty crazy how quickly these things go. I stayed in Singapore for the entire duration of the month and it feels pretty good to not be traveling (for work) and just be chilling every single weekend in town. I do feel bad for having missed friends launching projects in Manila or the baptism of my newest godson, Matteo, but I hope to make up for it soon!
- Friends who create things! I really wish I were a little more creative with tangible things and this month, two of my friends did awesome projects. I'm so proud!
- Chinggay (whom I get monthly tarot readings from) created an entire tarot deck herself. The Practical Magic deck is gorgeous and I'm in love with it and I can't wait to read more for myself (and the chosen few friends who don't mind me reading from a book).
- I missed Macy's launch of her Dandy Ona x Prima hair accessories line (WHUT, I can't even type it out without being impressed all over again) and they're gorgeous. I missed the pre-order but I'm loving all the things. I wish I had more hair to put these lovely things on but there are always friends with hair.
- Mimi and Blanche (and their awesome friend group) created these awesome baby breakthrough cards for new babies, Pat and Tero. And it's so perfect because my life is full of new babies! I'm sad that some of the babies in my life have surpassed all the milestones in these cards but I know I won't run out of new babies to share this with.
- I've always been in love with the British Royal Family (no/thanks to Harry) but ever since William and Kate got married and started their gorgeous little family, I've been obsessed with the Cambridges even more. And though I wouldn't say I'm a hater, I'm definitely pretty depressed over Harry's upcoming non-singleness, so @garyjanetti's Instagram account is wild and hilarious. It gets crazy but it also gives me a good laugh. I'm sorry, not sorry.
- So many awesome movies coming up as well. The release of the trailers for Ocean's 8 (THAT CAST IS AMAZE) + and the Crazy Rich Asians trailer honestly made me jizz in my pants. There is so much to look forward to movie-wise. I also caught Avengers: Infinity War and it's pretty convoluted how everything ties in together but also so amazing to see the entire MCU come together. It was not an easy task but I thought they did a pretty good job.
- My mom and dad went on this nostalgia trip and started sharing a bazillion baby photos and kid photos of everyone and it was pretty fun going through non-memory lane given I was a bit too young to probably really remember what was going on in the photos. But then my dad sent this new one and i found it hilarious. Clearly my good nature spawned from years ago.
- And though I am admittedly not a rugby person, my cousin Jeannie and her husband Toby, invited me to catch the Singapore Rugby 7s and it was AMAZING. Before attending the 2-day affair, I googled hottest rugby 7s teams and I was pleased with what I found. Though none of us won our little wager, I kind of found myself really rooting for the South African team. THESE PEOPLE ARE FAST. They're not human. I don't understand how they're strong enough to TACKLE people without hesitation but also recover and run like lightning across an entire field right after and not lose a breath. Consider me a fan -- lazily dressed as a Jamaican Patty (no culture appropriate intended).
- I'm still finding the cadence for the podcast and it was honestly hard to top the last one, so I managed to churn~ a new episode this month (listen on iTunes or Stitcher) and listening back on it (I only can do it once while editing), it wasn't as bad as I thought it could've been. But also, with my want to focus on some creative pursuits, I'm so happy that my little sister Paola has helped me with the blog's header and the favicon! It's definitely inspiring me work on the blog more.
- I actually ventured to 'cooking' pre-cooked sausages. It sounds dumb and basic but for me, this is a huge step. I actually took out a frying pan and put some oil (and asked my roommate how to open the stove) but I cooked cheese sausages. Step 1 to surviving as an adult. Next step, cooking something that isn't pre-cooked and that isn't a breakfast food. I'll get there.
- I always thought I could keep up on my TV shows, books and magazines (in between all the physical activities and the knitting) but so far, I've only done the catching up on TV and it wasn't even ALL of my TV shows. I finally caught up with Unreal Season 3 and this show is still bananas. I really liked how they had a female suitress this time around -- which means MANY MANY boys. I need to stalk these actors, stat. I don't know how they're going to top this one next time but I over-all enjoyed it more than the second season. I need more Unreal in my life.
- I'm fairly close to my first cousin's and we're at that age when people are getting married, I guess? Out of the 11 on my mom's side, 2 are married (one of which is my brother, Lex and another, my cousin, Nikki). This year, it's my cousin, Acid/Jeannie's wedding to her lovely already-husband, Toby! They used to live in Singapore, left for a year and now they're back and so I'm so excited to watch them walk down the aisle again. It seems the theme of our cousin weddings are doing it twice (same spouse each time). It'll be so fun to see family and be back home for a bit.
- Also happening in May is my second half marathon. I've been training for it differently this time around but still exhausting as always. It also happens to be the day Prince Harry gets married so clearly I'm running away from my problems. I honestly just want to finish in less than 3.5 hours but if I manage to beat my time during the last 21KM, I'll be more than ecstatic. Wish my luck, people!
I can't with cheaters and I won't know what really happened until the next season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians but I'm so affected by the cheating allegations on Tristan Thompson. I've read Vulture's exhaustive timeline on it and though they say, you end it the way you started, it still feels so hopelessly devastating. You hope people change, but I guess not? I hope the baby and Khloe are good and all but it was just so disheartening. I know I shouldn't even care but clearly, I do. I care about the dumbest things. Anyway, no to cheating.